Fondation ZMB  

Winter 2018

We are pleased to present the FZMB Winter Newsletter 2018

We hope all of our partners, students and alumni have had a great start to 2018 so far. Thank you for all your hard work and for creating such an inspiring community. Good luck for the rest of the year ahead!

BAKALA ROUNDTABLES 2017-18

Check out our latest video from the Harvard University Roundtable in October. The students had a really interesting day with lots of fruitful discussions!

Video 

Our next Roundtables will be at Oxford University on 21st April and Dartmouth College on 20th October 2018.

OUR FOUNDERS

Michaela and Zdenek Bakala have been envisioning a world of open and free societies based on democratic values, where talented individuals have opportunities to achieve their fullest potential.

Zdeněk Bakala
  Michaela Bakala

The Foundation was therefore set up in Zdenek and Michaela’s home of Switzerland to reflect their core values by supporting talented young people.

2018 Swiss Scholarship deadlines this month - good luck to all candidates!

From the class of 2017

Danylo Malyuta - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is an amazing organization that gathers thousands of engineers and scientists to participate in cradle to grave technology development for robotic space exploration…

Tudor Mihailescu - TedTalk

Tudor spoke at the TedTalk event in Vienna last summer, click for the full talk.

Tudor Mihailescu

Hannah Eggimann - Oxford University

Hannah Eggimann

I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity to pursue my doctorate here in Oxford!

Hello from Oxford! My name is Hannah Eggimann and it has been about a year since I have started my doctoral studies in Condensed Matter Physics.

Hannah Eggimann

Save the Date

21st April: Bakala Roundtable Oxford University
7th May: Swiss Scholarship Selection Event Maison des Foundations, Geneva
20th October: Bakala Roundtable Dartmouth College

With special thanks to our Partners in Switzerland:

and our Partners around the world:

Follow on Twitter

Paula Murphy Ives
Foundation Manager
Fondation Zdenek et Michaela Bakala

© Fondation Zdenek et Michaela Bakala